We went Peach picking in Emmett on Monday. It was a fun family outing and it didn't cost much! The lady who runs the orchard isn't in it to make money and they don't spray the trees. She said the bugs won't hurt you as much as the spray would! There weren't that many bugs anyway. Darin was meticulous in his selection and picked some of the best, sting free peaches. The boys had a good time too although most of the peaches were too high for them to reach. We got 4 boxes worth. I tried canning some last night, but I think they need to ripen some more because the skins didn't come off as easily as they should. I've already made a tasty pie and some oatmeal cookie cobbler that Polly posted on the cooking blog. Yum! They are called Hale Peaches. They turn the water in the cans a pinkish/red color.



Selecting just the right one!

Elliot indulged in eating a peach while picking!
I can't reach!!!

"I can't reach it, so I guess I'll just sit down and pick dandelions."


Peach picking hat, water bottle, bug spray, loving Daddy....ready to go!
Our haul
See you next year!

1 comment:
nice!!! looks like everyone had fun! Esther is so darn adorable!!
Post a Comment