Monday, November 10, 2008

Adrian's 4th Birthday Bash Dinosaur Relay Race

The last game of the evening was a dinosaur relay race.  The kids all put on a dino mask (either a velociraptor: Stellan and Adrian, a triceratops: Loren and Isaac, or a stegosaurus: Mary and Kedrick) and some cardboard dino feet.  They had to run down to the other end of the basement and back and then tag their pack partner who then did the same.  In theory it should have worked, but with the oldest kid there being Stellan it just turned into a herd run.  Maybe the herbivores were all frightened by the velociraptors and they all just ran for it.  haha.  It was still fun.  Mary wanted to wear the feet the rest of the night!  And they all took their masks home.  
Here's Elliot with the velociraptor mask.  I'm surprised he put it on!  It didn't stay on long though.

I call this the "herbivore boogey"  Mary the stegosaurus looks like she's dancing with Isaac the triceratops.  
Loren looked so cute in his mask- a triceratops.
Here's the line up. I'm trying to explain for the 3rd time how to run a relay race, line them all up again because they thought I said "go" when I was explaining what to do WHEN I said "go" and then put their feet on again because they came off when they false started and then explain what to do again and then say, "WAIT" ok now you, you and you will go first and you, you and you will stay and when I say "go" NOOOOOO not yet!!!  owell, go ahead, you can all run right now if you want.  And the winners are......Loren and Isaac- the triceratops team!  Way to go guys!  They followed the instructions pretty well!

No comments: