So, the newest construction endeavor is a play fort/swingset. I worked all weekend and some of the previous week cutting wood, shopping for cull lumber, going to Home Depot....again... and screwing lumber together. Here we are with it 2/3 done. I've added a rock climbing wall, a ladder, handles, and a bar that goes across to hang a trapeze and net. The net and trapeze are not purchased yet, so we will add the components of it slowly. Wood is so expensive! We are waiting for a part I ordered on ebay to put the swings up. It needs a special bracket for the A frame part of the swingset. Then it will hold 4 swings! yippee! The boys LOVE it. They were blowing bubbles off the platform this morning. Darin said I really show the boys I love them by the things I make for them. I wonder if I'm not just being selfish because I love building things!!
Vision: Living Life with eternal perspective and Christ like values. Mission Statement : Demonstrating my love for God and others by getting over myself.
Monday, April 6, 2009
Play Set
So, the newest construction endeavor is a play fort/swingset. I worked all weekend and some of the previous week cutting wood, shopping for cull lumber, going to Home Depot....again... and screwing lumber together. Here we are with it 2/3 done. I've added a rock climbing wall, a ladder, handles, and a bar that goes across to hang a trapeze and net. The net and trapeze are not purchased yet, so we will add the components of it slowly. Wood is so expensive! We are waiting for a part I ordered on ebay to put the swings up. It needs a special bracket for the A frame part of the swingset. Then it will hold 4 swings! yippee! The boys LOVE it. They were blowing bubbles off the platform this morning. Darin said I really show the boys I love them by the things I make for them. I wonder if I'm not just being selfish because I love building things!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm sure you're just finding excuses so you can build stuff. : D hahaha. It looks great! I can't wait to play on it!
As usual, you are up to some very impressive masterpieces. I can't wait to see it finished!
Post a Comment