Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Garden Boxes


In the spring I always get the itch to build something. This year I was at Lowe's studying the lumber possibilities when a guy asked me what I was going to make. I told him raised bed gardens. He just so happened to have made many of them and said he would send me his powerpoint plans with measurements, etc. He also coached me on what kind of wood to get. So, I went home and he was true to his word and sent me the file. A few hours later, I had these beautiful redwood boxes made for our garden. I didn't quite know how much dirt to get, so I bought a dump truck full! They dumped it in our front driveway. MAN!! that was TOO MUCH DIRT! So, I went and bought a bunch more cull lumber and built a total of 11 boxes of various sizes in our backyard. The dirt filled all of them! Hey, it was free delivery if I got that much! The gardening season was more delightful this year as things were out in the sun and had better nutrients.

No comments: